07 July 2011

Starting Point

So this is my second blog post, but should have been the first, apart from that I was so eager to share my butter making experience.

The things I/we as a family do already to save money and lead a more chemical free, sustainable life include, using MCN's (Modern cloth nappies) - well most of the time, I certainly don't claim to use them all the time, but it certainly saves us a lot of money only buying the odd packet of disposables.

I have also started making my own washing powders, and dishwasher powder, the recipes I use for these come from Simple Homekeeping which is a great blog. She is certainly one of my biggest motivators in making changes in our lifestyle. I am also just starting to wash my hair using a 'no poo' method of a baking soda solution/ vinegar rinse, which I am yet to find the perfect recipe for or convert the other members in the family :) Like I say small steps.

We also have a vege garden, and hope to continue to expand this as our aim is to grow most of our families vegetable requirements.

Well that is all that I can think of for now, but like I say this is a journey, and all journeys great and small start with a few steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment